I am currently a Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Massachusetts Boston and a member of the Program in Psychiatry and the Law in the Department of Psychiatry at Beth Israel/Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School. I also do psychological assessments for the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission and for Greater Boston Legal Services. I was previously Collegiate Professor of Psychology at University of Maryland University College, teaching U.S. military personnel and family members in Kuwait, Italy, and Germany. I have taught at universities in the U.S., Australia, Canada, and South Africa. I was a Fulbright Professor at the Catholic University in São Paulo, Brazil and a professor and researcher at Brazil's Institute for Space Research.
- Close Relationships
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Internet and Virtual Psychology
- Law and Public Policy
- Sociology, Social Networks
- Morse, S. J., & Orpen, C. (1975). Contemporary South Africa: Social psychological perspectives. Cape Town: Juta.
- Commons, M. L., Galaz-Fontes, J. F., & Morse, S. J. (2006). Leadership, cross-cultural contact, socio-economic status and formal operational reasoning about moral dilemmas among Mexican nonliterate adults and high school students. Journal of Moral Education, 35, 247-267.
- Morse, S. J. (1972). Help, likeability and social influence. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 2, 34-46.
- Morse, S. J., & Gergen, K. J. (1970). Social comparison, self-consistency and the concept of self. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 16, 148-156.
- Morse, S. J., Gergen, K. J., Peele, S., & van Ryneveld, J. (1977). Reactions to receiving expected and unexpected help from a person who violates or does not violate a norm. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 13, 397-402.
- Morse, S. J., & Gruzen, J. (1976). The "eye of the beholder": A neglected variable in the study of physical attractiveness? Journal of Personality, 44, 209-255.
- Morse. S. J., & Marks, A. (1985). "'Cause Duncan's me mate": A comparison of reported relations with mates and with friends in Australia. British Journal of Social Psychology, 24, 283-292.
- Morse, S. J., & Peele, S. (1974). "Coloured power" or "Coloured bourgeoisie?": A survey of political attitudes among Coloureds in South Africa. Public Opinion Quarterly, 38, 317-334.
- Morse, S. J., & Peele, S. (1971). A study of participants in an anti-Vietnam war demonstration. Journal of Social Issues, 27, 113-136.
- Peele, S., & Morse, S. J. (1974). Ethnic voting and political change in South Africa. American Political Science Review, 68, 1520-1541.
- Gergen, K. J., Morse, S. J., & Gergen, M. M. (1981). Behavior exchange in international perspective. In H. C. Triandis and R. W. Brislin (Eds.), Handbook of cross-cultural psychology (Vol. 5). Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Morse, S. J. (1983). The nature of the help-related interchange as a determinant of Person's attitude toward Other. In J. D. Fisher, A. Nadler, and B. DePaulo (Eds.), New directions in helping (Vol. 1). New York: Academic Press.
- Morse, S. J. (1974). Collective behavior. In K. J. Gergen (Ed.), Social psychology: Explorations in understanding. Del Mar, CA: CRM Books.
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Laboratory in Experimental Social Psychology
- Psychological Testing
- Psychology of Law
- Social Psychology
- Work: (617) 287-6350
- Home: (781) 642-0500
- Mobile: (781) 354-4897
- Fax: (781) 207-0349
Stanley J. Morse
Department of Psychology
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Boulevard
Boston, Massachusetts 02125-3393